MEDITATION WORKS!!!!!!
I
chose an article by the CDC (2009) about meditation and health. A 2007 research survey found that meditation
is used by 9.4% of those who responded in a 12 month period. According to the article’s definition, meditation “refers to a group of techniques which may be
practiced for many reasons, such as to increase calmness and physical
relaxation, to improve psychological balance, to cope with illness, or to
enhance overall wellness (CDC, 2009).”
Four elements that are part of most meditation techniques are the
following:
1.
Quiet location
2.
Specific comfortable posture
3.
Focus of attention
4.
Open attitude
More research needs to be done on mediation to
show how it can affect overall health.
If someone is thinking of replacing conventional medical methods with
meditation, then it is best to do your research, tell your medical professional
that you are doing meditation, and not postpone medical treatment. It is not proven yet that medical treatment
is 100% safe, or that it works. Faith even but only goes so far. Our physical
bodies are simply that, physical. So we have to maintain our treatments, and
preventive, and emergency care with our hospitals and physicians. This article
was beneficial because it told me what meditation is all about, the elements
that are part of the techniques, and to make sure to do research.
I’LL ALWAYS VISUALIZE
Visualization is not just imagination;
it’s actually putting you in another place so you can see what’s going on. You
can see in my last post I used visualizing meeting my mom again, and I have
been using it a lot at work. Visualizing has taken me to many places of change
at work, and resolved issues of my soul.
Now I see that before
actions are taken, we have the chance to change ourselves inside; maybe that’s
what Integral Health is all about. I’m changing how I live; buy changing how I
think inside.
References
CDC.
(2009). CDC Features: Meditation and Health. Retrieved from
http://www.cdc.gov/Features/Meditation/?s_cid=cs_281
No comments:
Post a Comment